Wednesday, January 23, 2019

I Am Legend Hardcover edition coming from TOR Books this Fall


I recently stumbled onto this Amazon listing for a hardcover edition of Richard Matheson's I Am Legend coming from TOR Books on October 22, 2019.

This is the first time since TOR published their first paperback edition of the book in 1995 (along with several short stories) that they have offered a hardcover edition of the book.

The cover art is once again a digitally manipulated version of Jim Thiesen's painting from the first TOR paperback.

I've put out some feelers to see if I can get some additional details, but here's what we know right now:
  • Binding is listed as a hardcover.
  • Amazon lists the trim size as 4.2 x 6.7 inches, about the size of a mass market paperback
  • The book is currently offered at $14.99, $3 cheaper than the current trade paperback edition.
  • The page count is listed as 448 pages, which is 131 pages longer than the current trade paperback edition, and 128 pages longer than the current mass market paperback.
As soon as I have more details, I'll pass them on!

No comments:

New Italian graphic novel adaptation of I AM LEGEND available for pre-order

  Coming next May from our friends at Independent Legions in Italy (home of many Italian translations of great horror novels and stories), a...